used pellet stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many go with 4" in a basement to accommodate the additional elbows used to get venting above grade but it sounds like you have at least one wall that has a better portion open. EVL is calculated as horizontal pipe 1'=1, vertical pipe 1' = .5 (1/2), 45 elbow = 3, 90 = 5. If EVL is more than 15, 4" used. If elevation is above 3000, use 4" (realize it doesn't apply to Michigan but added for clarity).

Forgot to add, you can get a thimble from Harman with the OAK integrated. Not sure of the cost. The OAK needs to be lower...

O boy hit a set back already. Started tear down for cleaning , inspection and refurbished. When I plugged stove to wall socket it popped my Gfi , found that some num nut installed the combustion motor so the windings where laying against the ext. housing and it arked out the motor its fryed. So here is my? Now pellet feed motor won't run in test mode. Is the fryed combustion motor causing this or did It also fry the circuit board . I checked for power to feed motor no power to it.

Lake girl I will using short horizontal to a clean out tee then vertical pipe to termination cap

Sorry to hear about your issues. I hope you are looking into your electrical as well as the motor/board, as you don't want something like that happening again.

I ran new, dedicated lines to the outlets for my stoves since I know my housing wire is older. Some said that was overkill, but at least I know that the circuit won't be overloaded by a stove during start up along with a billion other things trying to draw at the same time.

Carl, forgot to mention that you should have surge protection on the stove. Wouldn't have helped you in this instance but will help with external power fluctuations.

Came up with a sweet oak set up. I made a pinch bracket at the end of oak tube that Will use metal door screen for max air and at same time keeping out unwanted f.o.d sorry things you don't want in tube. If a breach occurs it is easly replaced .

Are you running the OAK outside and covering with mesh or just inside? Inside will require constant attention with pets in the house ... they all shed, some more than others.

How did you make out with the board?

Running it out side,as we do have a lot of pets. The oak pipe has a removeable flange on the outside of thimble where the screen will sit, so if tears just unbolt flange and replace screen. As for the board,it ended up just being a faulty comb. Fan.

As for the board,it ended up just being a faulty comb
Good to hear that it was just the fan all though its still a pain to remove and install but should provide many years of service with a bit of tlc.

Not to bad , try working on a dc9 or falcon 20.

While a fan may be more difficult to change out, it is a whole lot less expensive! To be expected with a project stove...

Amen , I am already on the the hunt for all the replaceable parts so I have them in my stock. if I have a failure during winter down time will minamized.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.