Using a wood burning fireplace for heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JHD, don't lose sight of the fact that you can't put a woodstove on the same chimney your central heating oil or gas burner uses.

Nope. Got a fireplace that I'm going to remove and replace it. Any help with the wood I.D.?
Can't help with the wood, I'm afraid. I'm really only familiar with the species we have here. Could be some kind of maple, but the grain looks a little punky. Put those pix up in the Woodshed forum here and you'll get better advice.

Can't help with the wood, I'm afraid. I'm really only familiar with the species we have here. Could be some kind of maple, but the grain looks a little punky. Put those pix up in the Woodshed forum here and you'll get better advice.
Got ya, thanks anyway. I've been to Killington several times to go snowboarding, lots of maple tree runs there haha love that place.

Note that red oak should have a couple years to season after it's split and stacked.

Got ya, thanks anyway. I've been to Killington several times to go snowboarding, lots of maple tree runs there haha love that place.
Please come again and spend more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.