value of an Allagash wood stove Foster RI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2014
Glocester, RI
I have an allagash wood stove built by Tucker wood stoves in Foster, RI. The company has long been out of business. I believe mine is a model 26, which can take a 26" log. These stoves were made of steel boilerplate with a cast iron door. They are excellent and there are quite a few still around here in northern RI. My son has an oportunity to buy one just like mine for $500. I feel this is a reasonable price. Does anyone feel this is fair?

Post some pics to give us a better idea about what we are dealing with

Ok just found a pic of one looks like a fisher ripoff. $500 sounds high to me around here fishers go for $300 to $400 and off brands the same or less. But being that it is a local stove maker there might be a little more value in your area I know that cawley lemays like mine are worth more in this area near the original foundry. If you like the stove i don't think 5 is ridiculous but id try to get the price down a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.