Vanderhoof Platinums

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewBoogie

Burning Hunk
Nov 9, 2014
SE CT
anyone ever hear of these? Here are some pics. Longer pellets than most other brands I've tried. Low ash, similar to AWF's, but not the smell.

Their website: www.vanderhoofspecialtywood.ca

OjKhn3c.jpg

zHsWZqx.jpg

W1uwiHN.jpg

c25rDWC.jpg

Nothing comes up in any UPC search sites I've tried either.

I am currently burning these Platinums. They come from the West Coast I believe. This is their web site http://www.vanderhoofspecialtywood.ca/pellets/

In my area they come at a premium, 339.00 per ton. I use them 50/50 with heatr's when the temp gets to about 15 degrees or 100% sub-zero (once this year and probably tonite).

They are a bit heavier than Heatr's on sawdust (my stove does not care however) but less ash and MUCH hotter burning.

If I could get them for less per ton (perhaps in the 260 range) I would likely buy a few ton.

I paid $330 a ton in CT. I like am like you would love to get em cheaper, but think they are a very worthy pellet

Status
Not open for further replies.