vanessa - top down fire - canadian video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DianeB

Feeling the Heat
Apr 26, 2012
Foot Hills of the Berkshires
Everyobody here that is a veteran has probably already seen this. I just saw it first time and thought I would share with the newer members.

Although a wood heating family for many years with fisher mama bear, we have a lot to learn about managing our file with the new EPA stoves. I learned a lot from this short video.
I am not only concerned about overnight burn, also daytime burn during the week when at work.

John Gulland, stove guru and fellow in the red shirt, has a series of these videos posted on his website. They are very helpful:

http://www.woodheat.org/wood-heat-videos.html

Top down lighting works. It's a good technique for starting stoves that have a weaker drafting chimney system too.

Status
Not open for further replies.