VC Montpelier Insert Surround Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fod01

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island
Anybody know how to remove the surround from the Montpelier insert? My installer didn't leave the instructions that came with the kit.

Thanks,
Gabe

There are tabs on the top and on the side. I simply hold each side of the surround and lift. While you have the surround off put a stove thermometer on the cast top near the flue to get temp reading. I keep a thermometer on the arch of the door. my average temp is 300 when i put it near the flue it reads between 400 and 500 which is a more accurate reading

Thanks for that... wasn't sure if it was bolted on or what....

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year!

Gabe

Thanks Jim. I have the manual, but regarding the surround install, it simply says 'follow the instructions that came with the kit'.
AllHandsWorking gave the tip I needed.

Merry Christmas
Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.