VC Montpelier - Trim Kit Base Risers??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeStaten

Sep 21, 2016
Somerset, New Jersey
Has anyone used the Trim Kit Base Riser? Dealers can't tell me what it does, there are no instructions online or pics.

Here's my situation. I'll be building a new hearth soon and I'd like it to be lower than the floor of the inside of the fireplace so that the hearth isn't too much higher than hardwood floors in living room. Basically the insert would sit in fireplace which inside of fireplace would be 2" higher than hearth. However, if I do it that way, the insert face will be "floating" 2" about hearth. Anyway, I was initially thinking that I could do this and then fill in the gap between the front of the Montpelier stove and the hearth with the trim kit but don't see how it attaches to the stove. Not sure if it matters but I'll be using the Mead trim around the insert too.

Any ideas about the trim kit? Any issue you can see regarding having the base of the inside of fireplace 2" higher than hearth?

Thanks,
Mike