Vent location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GlenK

Oct 1, 2021
Michigan
Hello all. My apologies if this has been covered already. I’ve been running a USSC 6041 pellet stove for the last 10 years. I’ve replaced a few parts during this time to keep it running but it’s time to replace it.
While out looking for a new stove I’m seeing all the vents are on the left hand side now which is opposite of the one I have. My stove sits between two windows centered so moving the new stove over will put it directly in front of a window which I don’t want.
Can a stove be ordered with the vent on either side? Is there a safe way to vent to the existing hole through my wall? Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know about ordering a special configuration. Having a couple of different stoves in the same spot that went from a corner install to straight on install, and those stoves having different exhaust heghts, you may have to use some elbows to get to the vent pipe.

P43 pipe set up.jpg

I have a Quadrafire MVAE and it vents out the center of the back.