Vent Pipe Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

khpony

Sep 28, 2019
Rociada, NM
Gentlemen, I'm in desperate need of help completing my stove pipe install. I have 2ea 3' sections and 1ea 2' section of pipe. That leaves me 18" to tie into the 8" ceiling box. I have an offset to cope with also. I have my 8x3 adapter which takes up 7" leaving me 11" to be able to connect my pipe. A adjustable slip connector doesn't work and neither does 2ea 8" 45 degree ells. I'm at a loss what to do. Can someone please give me some in site on how to proceed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached 2 photos showing my condition.

100_9900.JPG 100_9902.JPG

Do you have a clean-out Tee on the outlet of the stove?

What I did to line my pipe with chimney
Turn clean out 45 add a small length of pipe
so a second 45 will make it a straight shot to the chimney
run your pipe straight up the last pipe to chimney use a slip joint
connection (they make various sizes )
Hope you understand what I have said it is as clear as mud

DSCF1043.JPG

I've been doing some figuring and I think I have a solution. Trade out the 2' section for a 1' section. Get a snap lock adapter for the ceiling box, a 1' section of 8" durablack pipe and use my 2 8" 45 degree ells. Measuring several times I believe that will work. I live in the mountains of North Central New Mexico and our local source for parts are limited. I will however measure again tomorrow after I sleep on it and decide.

Well I finally got hooked up with someone in our area that's installed over 50 pellet stoves. Summary: I was trying to make it hard. He told me to go up 2 sections of 3" pipe , add 2ea 45 degree fittings and then ad another joint of pipe straight up into the ceiling box with a trim ring. Did that and everything fit perfectly.

IMG_20211009_160750.jpg

Reactions: Washed-Up
Paint it black and you are all set
Looks good:)

Just keep an eye on the fly ash buildup in the 45's.