Venting under Front Porch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chrisonuradio21

Sep 30, 2018
maryland
I have a question Just a new pellet stove owner, I am installing in a basement about 2 feet under ground plan on piping out underneath the front porch reason being why the front of the house is just regular cinder block foundation would have like to do it on the side but its solid block but on the front its not I have proper clearance all the way around but was worried Its not considered enclosed in my book but not sure if it will have enough draft..but I have lattice around the sides and its open where the steps go up to the porch about a 6 foot section is completely open I was curious if this would be a problem the one side is a "gate" of lattice to store anything under porch would it be ok to put my venting under it ?

In order for someone to answer your question(s), you need to tell us what make & model stove you have.
All have different installation requirement/specifications...

I have a question Just a new pellet stove owner, I am installing in a basement about 2 feet under ground plan on piping out underneath the front porch reason being why the front of the house is just regular cinder block foundation would have like to do it on the side but its solid block but on the front its not I have proper clearance all the way around but was worried Its not considered enclosed in my book but not sure if it will have enough draft..but I have lattice around the sides and its open where the steps go up to the porch about a 6 foot section is completely open I was curious if this would be a problem the one side is a "gate" of lattice to store anything under porch would it be ok to put my venting under it ?
In order for someone to answer your question(s), you need to tell us what make & model stove you have.
All have different installation requirement/specifications...

I have a Englander EP-25 2,000 sq ft

I have a Englander EP-25 2,000 sq ft
I don’t think it is legal under the porch. I would think that the area you describe would also be too close to your door.

You will also need a OAK installed as all Englanders require them.