Ventis HEI240 Burn Times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jskar

Feb 27, 2023
Virginia
Hey Everyone. Since it seems there is minimal info out there on first hand experiences with the Ventis HEI240 fireplace insert, I figured I’d be the Guinea pig and share what I’ve experienced so far.

For burn times, I can get around 10ish hours out of a full N/S load of red oak. I loaded this up at 930pm and here’s what it looks like at 730am. This bad boy comes with a 2.4 cu Ft firebox. While I can and have run E/W, I prefer N/S most of the time simply because you can stuff more wood in.

F0A48FBD-6C5B-4328-A3DD-869CB4066B28.jpeg 10E42C8A-BB94-44C9-8450-D0AF6EA4C15D.jpeg 1C39DD03-1E6B-4E77-8E20-D3E1023088B2.jpeg

Thanks for the update. That looks like a nice bellyful. What is the length of the wood being loaded?

AFAIK, this is the sibling of the Drolet 1800.

Reactions: Jskar
I’m running 16” splits and have zero issues closing the door. It’s close but she takes standard size and I can get some good burn times. Was a bit of a learning curve but it seems the less overthinking and less tinkering I do the better results I get.

Thanks for the update. That looks like a nice bellyful. What is the length of the wood being loaded?

AFAIK, this is the sibling of the Drolet 1800.
Seeing the price difference between this and the Drolet 1800, it might have been smarter to go with it instead of this one 😂