Ventis Single Wall Stove Pipe Rust?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

george2c

Dec 1, 2011
SWPA
Hi Folks, I have a Lopi Republic and its connected using Ventis Black Pipe. Its about 3 years old and I am getting surface rust on it and some light corrosion. What can I do to avoid this, Anything I can put on it to keep it from rusting and looking bad?

If your pipe is rusting its a sign of high humidity. This happens in spray foamed homes due to all the trapped moisture, old homes with no real foundation, and I've also seen it in more modern homes with standing water in the crawlspace. I'd guess you have spray foam in the your home?

Last edited:
Its actually in my garage. I have it insulated and a concrete floor. but that's kinda what I thought about the moisture. Wondering if I could put anything on the pipe to keep it from rusting. Or just steel wool and paint.

You could switch it to SS pipe. Otherwise, occasional repainting is all you can do.