Vermont casting Montpelier vs napolean epi3t

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Montpelier vs epi3t?

• Montpelier

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Epi3t

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sons924

Burning Hunk
Mar 7, 2013
I went to the store to order the Montpelier. They said I should look into the Napolean epi3t. More btus, 20sq inch larger viewing area. Same price. I was dead set on the cast Montpelier until the store said the epi3 would heat more even though it is steel.
Can anyone please weigh in, I'm ready to buy but I'm not sure which one of the two.
Thank you

Which one does the wife like more???

Without running either stove, if one of the two were coming into my home, it would be the napoleon.

But really, with good fuel, good burning habits, an appropriate liner for proper draft, and and if both are sized correctly for your heating needs, then either would be good a good unit.

I don't know either stove, either, but in the perpetual turmoil Vermont Castings exists...I'd go with Napoleon, too.

Reactions: pen
Visiting another store today i've decided to go with the Montpelier. Even though VC has been absorbed by Monessen, the store garuntees all warrantys for the stove are still in place. They are comming to do the measurements next week, then i place the order. Hopefully have it installed within two weeks. Can't wait! I'll post pictures when its done.

Visiting another store today i've decided to go with the Montpelier. Even though VC has been absorbed by Monessen, the store garuntees all warrantys for the stove are still in place. They are comming to do the measurements next week, then i place the order. Hopefully have it installed within two weeks. Can't wait! I'll post pictures when its done.

Sounds great!

Look forward to seing it, my wife wanted that one in brown.

Yeah I've been searching for the right insert for about a year. I finally found a local shop that had one on the floor. Here is a picture of it in the showroom. I had a us stove insert on order but canceled it last year, the wife really wants something nice because the fireplace is in the living room and you see it as soon as you walk in the front door.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 959
Yeah I've been searching for the right insert for about a year. I finally found a local shop that had one on the floor. Here is a picture of it in the showroom. I had a us stove insert on order but canceled it last year, the wife really wants something nice because the fireplace is in the living room and you see it as soon as you walk in the front door.

I don't know why it posted it upside down

It is those Ipod, Ipad and cell fone cameras. The origional camera knows how to display the image but other programs don't know how to handle them. If you hold your unit the right way when you take the picture they will post correctly...

Here it is flipped...

monty.gif

KaptJaq

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: teutonicking
It is those Ipod, Ipad and cell fone cameras. The origional camera knows how to display the image but other programs don't know how to handle them. If you hold your unit the right way when you take the picture they will post correctly...

Here it is flipped...

View attachment 110631

KaptJaq

That's a beautiful insert! Please let us know how it performs after you start burning. Enjoy. :)

I have to thank all of you from hearth for sending me advice and replies. I will post reviews once its installed.

Thats the color my wife wanted, sure is a nice looking insert.

That's the color of mine and mine is in the living room as well

Status
Not open for further replies.