Vermont Casting Winter Warmer Lacking Air For Combustion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

misfit

Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie and have a problem. Help would be greatly appreciated. My V/C Winter Warmer cat conv. fireplace insert wood stove is lacking air into the firebox even with the primary air control lever fully open. I just cleaned the unit along with the chimney. The primary air flap is opening and the themostatically controlled secondary air flap appears ok, it is approx. half way open at room temp. I think the adjustable airwash plate may be too close to the glass possibly choking off the primary air supply to the firebox. It was ok until just last week I did change the door gskt last week and suspect that the door may be to close to the airwash plate starving the firebox for air. The airwash plate is adjustable but I have no guidelines for adjusting it. When I open the stove door smoke fills the room and the fire is weak at best. If I open it a tiny bit the fire is great. I suspect the box is air starved. The damper door opens fully. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Misfit

Status
Not open for further replies.