Vermont Castings Dutchwest Everburn Stove Demo Videos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd said:
Gunner said:
I don't know...it could be off.

After I char a new load and everthing settles in, probe flue gas is always 200 lower than whatever stovetop is.

Try putting your external thermo next to your probe and see what you get.

500 probe flue gas
225 exterior stovepipe
675 stovetop

I have double wall excel stovepipe

A big load that is allowed to get real hot then dampered all the way down seems to have a lower flue gas temp in relation to stovetop.
A smaller load that you don't let rip but cruise at say 1/3 air seems to have flue gas that is closer to if not equal to stovetop.

Gunner said:
Todd said:
Gunner said:
I don't know...it could be off.

After I char a new load and everthing settles in, probe flue gas is always 200 lower than whatever stovetop is.

Try putting your external thermo next to your probe and see what you get.

500 probe flue gas
225 exterior stovepipe
675 stovetop

I have double wall excel stovepipe

A big load that is allowed to get real hot then dampered all the way down seems to have a lower flue gas temp in relation to stovetop.
A smaller load that you don't let rip but cruise at say 1/3 air seems to have flue gas that is closer to if not equal to stovetop.

Here are my numbers this morning after bringing the stove back to life.

700 probe flue gas
300 exterior stove pipe (single wall)
550 stove top (still climbing)

Too bad you dont have single wall pipe. Maybe there is someone else out there with a Summit and double wall that could compare temps? I'm still wondering if your probe or mine is off a little? I never had a probe with my prior noncat stoves, but my external pipe temps were always running higher compared to my cat stoves. No big deal anyways, sounds like your burning clean with no creosote problems.

Hey man Bad ass vid I just put a medium vc dw in my 1485 sq foot house . Been collecting wind fall and all the free wood i can I have access to MANY MANY pallets . kindling . After seeing your vid . i cant Wait for winter I paid 4500.00 all in Thanks for takeing the time nice family too JM

Nice videos Trader.I bought a Harman Exeception Insert wood stove at the end of last year and it is also a Downdraft stove.I am verrry much a rookie with this stove and your videos are a help.

well after watching them videos, i don't think i'll be as bad off as i thought earlier today...

dry wood, good draft, and right temp seems to be the key things

Status
Not open for further replies.