Vermont Defiant repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renascence Man

Jan 30, 2009
Midwest
Greetings,

My 2 year old Vermont Defiant is broke. The fireback was cracked from top to bottom. The Fountain assembly disintegrated.
I obtained the replacement parts, at great cost, since there really is no warranty.

I pulled out the old stuff and had to yank the damper to get everything out.
I'm having a heck of a time getting the damper back in place.
Problem is, the steel rod activator has to pass though a hole in the stove and, at the same time
you have to align the damper to the back. Doesn't seem to be possible. In taking it apart, the rod
sort of falls out of the way.

Any help on re-assembly would be mighty fine. I'll go insane if I have to take the whole thing apart!

Welcome to the forum Man!

Sorry to hear this....

Have you approached reassembling the rod via the flue collar?

Also, bumping it up for experts to see ;-)

Somewhere along the line I saved a Defiant rebuild .pdf file to my computer. If you pm me your email address I can send it to you.............

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.