Vermont's Green Mountain Power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
I never realized what a B-corp was until read up on it last night.

We visited Vermont a few years ago on vacation. What a beautiful state, makes me jealous. The only scenery I see is corn and soybeans. *sigh*

I live in the Champlain Valley and am a GMP customer. I've recently signed up for a tesla battery and plan to install pv and net meter. I like GMP's incentives and the idea of using the battery hooked to solar to weather power outages.

GMP's motivation for all of this is to smooth out spikes in the grid by storing power in distributed home batteries and then pull power from them when needed. The downside for me is if I lose power and the battery is only at 50%. Time will tell how well the battery fares through a winter outage when solar potential is low. I'll keep the wood stove cranked just in case. : )

Ben