Very cool video on pollination

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something about high res slo-mo / time lapse that makes everything better.

If my heart could beat like a hummingbirds I bet I could do some pretty crazy stuff too!

Great vid. The bat's are pretty damn impressive too. Absolute shame what they are going through now. Lost the 500 or so that we used to have living at my cabin. Well, there's about a dozen left :-/

pen

I have always enjoyed pollinating.

K, that's pretty freaking cool !!!

One of my favorite books when I was a kid was "The Travelings Of Monarch X".

That's an impressive and most enjoyable video. Thanks. Rick

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
:mad:
BrotherBart said:

my thread degenerates with record breaking speed.

He's consistent !!

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:

He's consistent !!

I don't think you understand. Maybe this picture will help explain. I found it on BB's twitter feed.

male-flower-pollinating-female.jpg

Poor guy, always misunderstood. Hope them pumpkins came out good! :coolsmile:

pen

pen said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:

He's consistent !!

I don't think you understand. Maybe this picture will help explain. I found it on BB's twitter feed.

male-flower-pollinating-female.jpg

Poor guy, always misunderstood. Hope them pumpkins came out good! :coolsmile:

pen

*Tags this for a classic thread, and gets the paper towels *

Saw this a while back and it still amazes me. I love TED. Few people stop to think about the incredible work of a honeybee, or the impossible flight of the Monarch Butterfly. These are nature's miracles right before our eyes.

The Hummingbird doing in-flight hovering barrel rolls while following the Bee blew me away. I've seen lots & lots of hummingbirds, but I ain't never seen one do somethin' like that (of course, it's hard to tell what the heck they're doing at the speeds they move).

ETA: It's at about 3:50 in the vid...totally amazing

at about 4:10 the green metallic bees I think are augochlora. They are tiny and beautiful

Everything in that video is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.