VF100 Computer Temperatures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MooseBucks

Dec 17, 2020
USA
Hey - Does anyone know what the corresponding temperatures are for the damper settings and high temp alarm for the VF100? Ideally would like to know for all computer settings.

Thanks!

Factory settings with the computer set on "minimum", mine goes from
C to 3 at about 145*F
3-2 at roughly 820*F
2-1 at roughly 900*F
1-c at roughly 1080*F
I think the HT alarm goes off at about 1380*
As the wood is burnt and the fire dies down, the temps on the way back down are about the same.
There seems to be an algorithm involved so the temps will vary a little based on how quickly the temps change.
@JRHAWK9 has a lot more experience than I do at "letting the big dog eat"...he would be able to say better than I what temps are like with the controller on "medium" and "high"...obviously the controller is infinitely adjustable, so you can't really nail down temps exactly once you come off minimum...other than maybe maxed out on high...

Last edited:
Reactions: JRHAWK9
Factory settings with the computer set on "minimum", mine goes from
C to 3 at about 145*F
3-2 at roughly 820*F
2-1 at roughly 900*F
1-c at roughly 1080*F
I think the HT alarm goes off at about 1380*
As the wood is burnt and the fire dies down, the temps on the way back down are about the same.
There seems to be an algorithm involved so the temps will vary a little based on how quickly the temps change.
@JRHAWK9 has a lot more experience than I do at "letting the big dog eat"...he would be able to say better than I what temps are like with the controller on "medium" and "high"...obviously the controller is infinitely adjustable, so you can't really nail down temps exactly once you come off minimum...other than maybe maxed out on high...
Thank you!

This is what I see, based on what I have written down. Like bren mentioned above, these are not absolute temps, as IIRC, the TC's reading takes into account the ambient temp or something along those lines. I know the ambient temp has something to do with it, just don't remember exactly.

C to 3 at about 160°F
3-2 at roughly 825°F
2-1 at roughly 930°F
1-c at roughly 1080°F
I think the HT alarm goes off at about 1380°

When you turn the computer up to medium, it adds 100°. On high it adds another 100°.

Temp at which it goes to pilot:
1704561098977.png

Reactions: brenndatomu