video - bustin wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck

Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Hi all, first post. Typical vid of me cutting and splitting wood, nothing grand just a labor of love. The saw buck is easy on my back, keeps me from stooping over constantly and keeps the chain out of the dirt. It's hard to beat free heat, propane is sky high, we had a bad ice storm recently (oklahoma) but the good thing about it is tons of free wood everywhere. btw i enjoy all the pics and vids here on the forum, great job.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1123205/chainsaw_massacre_death_to_wood/

Like your setup Redneck. Ive just got a couple more knock out areas for cutting to length though. Thats pretty much the way I pass time in the spring until the ice is off the lakes. What kind of wood is that? All our trees are straight except for the poplar. Also WELCOME to the forum. CHEERS :coolsmile:

Ash, Blackjack, Elm, Maple and some others im not sure of. Alot of it is from the damaged trees from our ice storm. I havent cut a tree down yet. Blackjack is the hottest wood i've ever burned, its good for smoking meat too.

I guess cause i'm not picky :p. on the other hand the kids use the smaller stuff for camp fires we have in the warm weather. they love cooking hotdogs and marshmellows.

High_Iron said:
cool video, but why are you playing with those twigs?? ;-)
Twigs only need one split and you can pack a stove tighter with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.