Video of Secondary Combustion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. That big boy is rolling.

WarmGuy said:
Just playing around with the camera, and took this shot of secondary combustion:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=13ZFrlzu0Kw

That's right after shutting down the air to about 60%. Ignore the background noises.

That warmed me right up! Nice stove!! My old cat stove doesn't look pretty like your when it burns but it does heat well..

Ray

My cat stove looks pretty, a little bit like that but different! Go Woodstock, secondary burn and cat! :)

Here's mine. I'll try to take a better one later. I wanted to take some videos and upload them to my digital photo frame. No luck so far though.

[googlevideo]8605385200148806953[/googlevideo]

Warm Guy

Thanks so much

A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth 10000 words!

I am only 1-2 weeks into this so I have not seen anything like that yet but am off to buy some dry expensive hardware store wood to experiment with

Interesting that you put it to 60%, somehow I thought it had to be all the way shut down to get secondary burn

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.