Vigas 60 Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivars

Oct 21, 2012
I purchase a Vigas 60 from, DBA, Alternate Heating of Mt Washington Valley (henfruit) last year. Patrick (Henfruit) suggested an 1100 gallon storage tank (American Solartechnics). The tank came with coils, two for heating and one for domestic hot water. I currently have a Propane forced air furnance. The system works by pumping hot water to a heat exchanger, which is suppose to be installed in the return side of the furnace (no room in the supply side) . Patrick provided me with drawings, which, in theory, would provide the necessary information for installation.

Here is my problem. I have attempted to hire four plumber's / heating contractors thus far. I have not been able to get any of them to take the job. It appears that none of them understands the installation drawings. I did have one state they would run the pipe @ $100 dollars an hour, but would not do the wiring - said he didn't understand it (manual/ instructions) . I perfer not to use this individual as he does not appear confident. Him telling me that he was prosecuted unsuccessful for contractor fraud didn't help either. Problem is he is the only one so far that has offered to do work. He does have a valid Master Plumbers license through the State of Vermont, so I would assume he is capable of running the pipe.

I did call Mark from Ahona yesterday. He was helpful in providing contacts. However, only one of them is relatively close, and he dosent answer his phone.

I live in Sunderland, Vermont (Southern Vermont) . I'm looking to have the installation done before winter.

Any suggestions and/or comments are welcome.

Thanks, Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.