Vista Flame 100FS different than Enviro & Regency?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Apr 23, 2012
I went to look at a new VF100FS at a dealer today on closeout & while it looks exactly like the Meridian & GF55 it has a lower BTU rating? It looks like the same stove so it must be right? Checking the website Vista Flame lists it at 40k btu while the PDF brochure on the same site lists 45k? It has to be a typo one could only assume so I have an email into Vista to confirm. It has the same board, same dual heat exchangers so it has to have the same btu's but let's see what they say. I just found it weird but looks like a nice stove otherwise. Not sure it will heat my 2,000 square ft cape but Vista says it will. I will post the reply from Vista. FWIW, the Meridian lists 45k but only heats 1200 sq ft, who proof reads these sites anyway!

Hello Fishwater

Yes, you have a few Typos there! LOL

They are all the same stoves. I just picked up an Enviro Meridian and I luv how it looks with the fire!

They are 45k BTU to heat 2,000 SqFt

So how much for the VF100 FS? The hearth store in Windham NH has the Regency GF55 for $3,098.00 on sale for $200.00 off ! !

The VS100 FS has a cheaper STEEL firebrick Liner like the EF-2. The Enviro Meridian like the Regency has a Solid Cast Iron Firebrick with the Diamond Pattern that looks better and lasts longer! Also the Cast Iron holds and radiates the heat better than the steel firebrick.

How much area they heat has alot to do with location and fan distribution.
I have a 45k stove in the middle of the house from front to back and side to side in the basement with 2 registgers one in the living room and one in the kitchen to bring the heat up. So it heats my 2,000 sqft split with NO oil even when outside temps dip down to -6 Deg F ! ! !

The Meridian below runs ONLY 2 times a day just keeps my shed warm when I am out there! LOL

See my Meridian lucky find in this link/
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/enviro-meridian-lucky-find.86662/#post-1119248

Attachments

• EnviroMeridianWithFire.jpg
    EnviroMeridianWithFire.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 270
  • EnviroMeridianWithFire2.jpg
    EnviroMeridianWithFire2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 247
They are $1549 new. The GF was $3000 in Epping too. These stoves are older though but brand new, the build date was in 2008, not sure if there is any difference to new though.

They are $1549 new. The GF was $3000 in Epping too. These stoves are older though but brand new, the build date was in 2008, not sure if there is any difference to new though.

Hello fishwater

Well, from my research all the features are the same as a Brand New one. The only part that might be different is the control panel may have some bug fixes but I really do not know. I am trying to find that out. My stove is a 2005 and also the same as new. I think they are Super Stoves and would recommend them.

Disappointing but I still haven't heard back from someone at Vistaflame, I have sent two emails with no response. Unfortunately they do not list a phone number or I would call. I am not getting a good feeling about purchasing one of their stoves if I can't get a response back, what if it was broken down & I needed tech advice? Hmmmm, may have to look elsewhere unfortunately.

Disappointing but I still haven't heard back from someone at Vistaflame, I have sent two emails with no response. Unfortunately they do not list a phone number or I would call. I am not getting a good feeling about purchasing one of their stoves if I can't get a response back, what if it was broken down & I needed tech advice? Hmmmm, may have to look elsewhere unfortunately.

Yes, Enviro wants their dealers to handle customer issues so they will not help customers directly. I do not like that either.

It is a very good stove so don't let that stop you if you really want it. You just have to use this forum for help. Also after refurbing the Meridian I am an Enviro tech guy now so you can ask me too.

Attachments

• EnviroMeridianControlPanel.jpg
    EnviroMeridianControlPanel.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 321
Don, I really appreciate that but I am just looking for them to clarify the difference in BTU output, I wouldn't think that would be a difficult thing to answer. The fact that it has even been acknowledged except for the automated web response is what's most frustrating. I may still buy it & hope I don't have a problem because everyone seems to really like theirs but why is it 40k except for 45k? I may be splitting hairs I know but I am really curious as to why, a timely response from them would have made me feel better & I would have purchased the stove by now.

Don, I really appreciate that but I am just looking for them to clarify the difference in BTU output, I wouldn't think that would be a difficult thing to answer. The fact that it has even been acknowledged except for the automated web response is what's most frustrating. I may still buy it & hope I don't have a problem because everyone seems to really like theirs but why is it 40k except for 45k? I may be splitting hairs I know but I am really curious as to why, a timely response from them would have made me feel better & I would have purchased the stove by now.

Hi fishwater

If you are ever near Salem NH, I would be happy to show how the Meridian works out in my shed. I like to give demos. :)

I agree that you should get an answer. After working on many stoves now I have found that even stoves rated the same at 45k BTU feel different from my experience. When I put the Meridian on Heat Level 5 (High) it almost burns my hand when I put it up to the heat tubes. Not all stoves do that on Hi so I am very impressed with the heat output on this. Heat exchange systems are patented so they do vary and the good ones cannot be duplicated.

The Meridian has 14 small heat tubes and really cranks out the heat! Each stove does have some minor issues. I found that on these stoves, that adding a nut and lockwasher on the cleaning rod before it goes into the cleaning rake makes a huge difference. The rake does not sway and stick and the rod does not unscrew and fall out!

See pics and detail here
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...son-and-fix-for-0-14-cents.73036/#post-923421

Here is the OnLine Demo I made for the 25- PDV I sold a few weeks back.

I went to look at a new VF100FS at a dealer today on closeout & while it looks exactly like the Meridian & GF55 it has a lower BTU rating? It looks like the same stove so it must be right? Checking the website Vista Flame lists it at 40k btu while the PDF brochure on the same site lists 45k? It has to be a typo one could only assume so I have an email into Vista to confirm. It has the same board, same dual heat exchangers so it has to have the same btu's but let's see what they say. I just found it weird but looks like a nice stove otherwise. Not sure it will heat my 2,000 square ft cape but Vista says it will. I will post the reply from Vista. FWIW, the Meridian lists 45k but only heats 1200 sq ft, who proof reads these sites anyway!

Hello fishwater

Well I finally talked to a very knowledgeable Enviro Dealer Technichian at Russo Products in Randolph Ma. See their web site > http://www.fireplaceseast.com/

He said the Enviro Meridians are 45k btu and you can call or email Linda for technical questions and get prompt answers from their tech!

Her email is > "linda noonan" <[email protected]>

Phone # is:

Linda Noonan
Russo Products, Inc.
61 Pleasant Street
Randolph, MA02368
781-963-1182
F-781-961-6509

Thanks Don, I sent her an email & am waiting to hear back. I am going to buy it this week if I hear back from her.

To all. Info about Enviro stoves- Old bread and butter analog rheostats stoves were EF2 (35000 Btu) EF3 (40,000 Btu). Regency Greenfire is based on present model Enviro Meridian with computer controlled Motherboard rated at 45000 Btu. Meridian is replacement for EF3 model being phased out. VistaFlame 100 was equivalent in output to older EF3 model, rated to 40,000 Btu with computer motherboard. Enviro makes Regency's, Hudson River's stoves for them. We are a central CT dealer, in our view, you can't beat Enviro stoves. Best value for the money. The multifuel M55 is the same stove as the Regency GC60 stove also. The folks at Enviro will get back to you, although they would prefer a dealer to help you if possible. Linda at Russo very good rep, Russo is distributor for Enviros in CT, MA. Bottom line is Vistaflame Regency Hudson River (certain models) and Enviro are all Enviro designs. If you can find an EF2 or EF3 don't shy away, excellent heaters. If you prefer computer Motherboard the Meridian is an excellent choice. If you want the quietest stove available, check out the M55. The steel version at about 3250 MSRP is best value available, its super quiet and is hot hot hot. Hope this helps

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 pellet FS
Enviro Empress FPI AC
Enviro 1700 FS wood stove

Thank you Stovelark for the clarification. I spoke with someone at Northeast distribution who was able to confirm the 40k btu rating on the VF100FS yesterday. As we all know stove btu ratings are very subjective. I am still on the fence to whether that stove will heat 2,000 sq ft but with all the variables of different floor plans & home insulation levels I think I may want to consider the M55. I am just trying to determine if the extra 15k btu is worth double the cost.

Hi Fishwater, agree with you totally on stove ratings- a 40K Btu stove is usually good for about 1200-1500 sqft (here in Conn anyway), 40-50K for 1800
sqft, 55K and up for 2000+ sqft. Does depend on house layout, how warm you want it etc. I think for that price the vf is a great stove though. You cant go wrong. good luck with your decision making. I use the Enviro EF3 for our basement (about 1200 sqft, perfect heater for that at about 40K Btu, I run it medium output most of the time. Pellet quality can make a stove perform like a bigger heater than it is, remember the best pellet fuel is the important factor. Good luck.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3
Enviro Empress FPI AC
Enviro 1700 wood FS

Status
Not open for further replies.