Vogelzang 5790 voltage drop?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 21, 2018
Upstate NY
Good evening,

I am tooling around with a VG5790 purchased for the garage, and it seems as though the combustion blower isn't running at full speed. There are a few clues that suggest this is the case, #1 is that the butterfly has to be shut almost completely to get the vacuum switch to close, #2 the flame is lazy, and #3, when the igniter turns off the combustion fan speeds up a bit.

Having more of a DC electrical background (where voltage drop is more of a thing), I'm curious to hear opinions about what might be causing this issue in the world of AC?

Thanks!

When I see what you have written My first impression is the stove is plugged with ash
Have you cleaned the stove and venting from the air intake to the exhaust termination?

When I see what you have written My first impression is the stove is plugged with ash
Have you cleaned the stove and venting from the air intake to the exhaust termination?
Hmmm, well there was approximately 3/8" of creosote inside the combustion blower housing and the square tube it mounts to, so it stands to reason the internals might be plugged too!

Will pop the covers off and report the findings!

Nathan