Vogelzang Norseman 1500 (Hotblast?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
Yes, yes I know-I just said the "V-word." Let me just start off by saying that I wouldn't go near one of those little cast "cookstoves" with a nomex suit on and carrying a fire extinguisher, however, what about the Norseman units? They seem to be UL listed, though are EPA exempt. Furthermore, they're clearly re-badged US Stove Hotblasts (or are Hotblasts re-badged Vogelzangs?), which seem to not have the same bad reputation as Vogelzang. That being said, is there any reason why I should have reason to fear one if it's properly installed in my unfinished basement with a proper chimney? This is a serious question-please don't just post jokes about how I should make sure my homeowner's is paid up, have 911 on speed dial, etc... I read all of that already in searching for information about the Norseman units. I found one post regarding the 2500, and the poster was quickly discouraged, so the thread didn't have much to it. My main point is, if Norseman=Hotblast, are they really all that bad?

I believe they are made from the same manufacturer. I know the johnson energys were usstoves. Not a bad unit for the price. By no means a epa furnace, but if fired properly can put alot of heat into a home, for a budget family. I have a ussotve 1500 and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.