Want to cover my piping insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muncybob

Minister of Fire
Apr 8, 2008
Near Williamsport, PA
Last year I wrapped the piping that runs from my boiler to the chimney with some high temp insulation. The insulation works great but it is unfaced and I want to wrap it with somethng to help contain any fibers, etc. What is available? I don't need anything with more R factor I just need a wrap.

I work in a commercial plumbing and any high temperature lines are insulated then jacketed with either aluminum or stainless steel (depending on the specifications) and then banded every 18 inches or so, makes for a really nice job. Where to buy locally I am not sure though, do you know of any commercial plumbing in your area? They may be able to point you in the right direction

muncybob said:
Last year I wrapped the piping that runs from my boiler to the chimney

Wait... What exactly did you insulate? Pipe from boiler to chimney.... do you mean the flue? I cant see where water lines would be going into a chimney......

While I do have the hot water lines insulated I am speaking abut the flue. Trying to keep chimney temps as high as possible to keep condensation to a minimum as my near boiler stack temps tend to run at only 300 to 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.