Water temperature on the hydro stove stops at 55C / 131F

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
P

Pelletguynoname

Hello there,

We installed a pallet stove Eva Calor Frida 13W (I'm from Europe so this might be an unfamiliar manufacturer to a lot of you) in a small rental apartment and this is my first experience with pellet stoves.

Everything seems to work fine, however, the water temperature reading on the display never exceeds 55C / 131F. We are fairly certain that the actual temperature sometimes reaches higher temperatures, but the display just refuses to show higher temperatures. Because of this, we can't really use an automated stand-by mode (so once a temperature reaches certain degrees the stove turns off only to turn on once it gets colder than a certain preset temperature) as it simply isn't reliable and we end up running the stove almost all the time. The instructions say that the suggested temperature is between 60 and 70 degrees C (140 F - 158F), so this makes me really worried.

I reached out to the manufacturer and they said that most probably the installer has not set up the correct parameters, however, because of the pandemic, I can't get ahold of the installer and there is nobody else in my country that could help me. To access the parameters, I'm required to enter a password. Does anybody have any idea what the issue might be here? Any piece of advice will be appreciated!

Call your installer and ask for the password, or look in the manual they may have wrote it down. They should have given you the pass during install