Waterford Trinity MK II missing side door latch - what piece do I need?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

yelia

Oct 7, 2020
Canada
Hey all! I have a basic question but it's driving me nuts. I moved into a house that has a 1996 Waterford Trinity Mk II, but the side fuelling door is missing the latch to hold it shut. Unfortunately I'm a complete noob with woodstoves so I don't even know what the piece I'm missing would look like, and can't really tell based on the manual. Can someone with one of these stoves (or a similar model) help me identify what piece I'd be missing? I've heard from my local supplier that they no longer manufacture parts for this stove, but it seems like such a simple part that there has to be something on
Woodsman Parts Plus. You can see the handle has a square fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_3958.JPG
    IMG_3958.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3956.JPG
    IMG_3956.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 114
It looks like it had a tension pin that slipped in the door latch. On the Erin this was part V00055AXX. Not sure about the Trinity. I would call both Woodmans and Obidiah's and speak with their repair guys. They may have something kicking around the shop that will work. You may need a new door handle too as the thread looks like it may have snapped off.

Reactions: yelia