We Scored!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutu_sue

Hearth Supporter
Jan 21, 2006
Northern NJ
We took our tree guy up on his offer to drop off some trees and save him disposal fees. The week before Easter he dumped a nice load of red oak onto our neighbor's driveway, so we had to get them bucked fast. After an hour into the job the 18" bar just wasn't big enough so my husband just had to run out and get a 20" Stihl. I didn't even have to twist his arm - imagine that!!! That 20" saw rocks! And the plastic wedges - don't leave home without them. All were cut into rounds and moved onto our lawn in about 6 hours.

Easter weekend we rented a splitter for the first time. With the holiday Sunday we got two days rental for one. We split all day Saturday and by Sunday afternoon we had a nice big pile. We moved the splits up the hill to the seasoning area with the wheelbarrow. Talk about a lot of work. We even had people stop and comment they were really impressed with all the work we did. Made us feel good. Hope to get the splits stacked this weekend.

Attachments

• oak logs 03-27-2010.jpg
    oak logs 03-27-2010.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 323
  • oak logs2 03-27-2010.jpg
    oak logs2 03-27-2010.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 304
  • oak logs3 04-04-2010.jpg
    oak logs3 04-04-2010.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 323
tutu_sue said:
We took our tree guy up on his offer to drop off some trees and save him disposal fees. The week before Easter he dumped a nice load of red oak onto our neighbor's driveway, so we had to get them bucked fast. After an hour into the job the 18" bar just wasn't big enough so my husband just had to run out and get a 20" Stihl. I didn't even have to twist his arm - imagine that!!! That 20" saw rocks! And the plastic wedges - don't leave home without them. All were cut into rounds and moved onto our lawn in about 6 hours.

Easter weekend we rented a splitter for the first time. With the holiday Sunday we got two days rental for one. We split all day Saturday and by Sunday afternoon we had a nice big pile. We moved the splits up the hill to the seasoning area with the wheelbarrow. Talk about a lot of work. We even had people stop and comment they were really impressed with all the work we did. Made us feel good. Hope to get the splits stacked this weekend.

Nice job and good score. Sounds like you got a decent neighbor to boot.

Scored Big!

An elderly lady lives there and she's very nice. Let's another neighbor park his Winnebago in the driveway. I made sure she got a nice Easter dinner and leftovers for letting us use the driveway and the noise we made.

tutu_sue said:
An elderly lady lives there and she's very nice. Let's another neighbor park his Winnebago in the driveway. I made sure she got a nice Easter dinner and leftovers for letting us use the driveway and the noise we made.

be my neighbor! All you have to do is stack. lol

Most people are facinated by work....they can sit and watch it for hours!

My husband's friend is very fascinated by work, he stood and watched intently for three hours - he must be addicted! Oh wait, he did move one round.

Great!!! Nice clean logs with no junk in it!

Billy

Great score! All that hard work will pay off with some great heat.

Sounds and looks like you had a very productive weekend. That is good. And I'll thank you too for making sure your neighbor had a good Easter Sunday dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.