Weird problem with my englander 25 ep hope someone has a solution...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys for all the help, i will let you know how it turns out as saturday is the day i am attempting this project, going to buy a metal file first to try to get the existing rod witch is either 3/16 or 1/4 out of the stove as it wont fit through the exit hole due to the jaggedness due to its breaking off the srapper, then i will pick up a tap and die set and cross my fingers, but first tommorw i will call englander, thanks again from a very appreciative forum member you guys all have MacGyver status in my book..

Save your money on the die set. The rod broke off right where it was welded. Trying to thread the area that was once subjected to the heat of a mig welder will most likely ruin your die. The hose clamp idea will work or making a new rod with mild steel and threading that is your best choice.
My stove broke at the same place. I've yet to call englander but according to the warranty it most likely will be covered. But englander doesnt have "field service techs", they just send parts. So I am intrested how they plan to remedy this, as I will not allow a welder in my dining room.

just giving an update here guys, after i posted and got suggestions from you guys, i Pm'd Mike Holton over at englander and he got back to me within 24 hours and i just recived a replacement tube rake rod today in the mail but with one end threaded and with 2 nuts at the end to tighten on both sides of scraper im thinking, will put in the rod on saturday during my next cleaning...Just want to thank everyone on the forum for their help, and give props to englander and MIke Holton for his quick reponse and soultion. Its true englander customer service is very good, this was my first time dealing with them and i was pleased.....

pauly2110 said:
just giving an update here guys, after i posted and got suggestions from you guys, i Pm'd Mike Holton over at englander and he got back to me within 24 hours and i just recived a replacement tube rake rod today in the mail but with one end threaded and with 2 nuts at the end to tighten on both sides of scraper im thinking, will put in the rod on saturday during my next cleaning...Just want to thank everyone on the forum for their help, and give props to englander and MIke Holton for his quick reponse and soultion. Its true englander customer service is very good, this was my first time dealing with them and i was pleased.....

That's what we love about Englander.....Good job Mike!

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.