Well Boys and Girls, I done Dit It- Now with Video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey all,
Just installed the Englander NCH30 today. She is cooking right now as we speak. This thing is a BEAST. Thanks all for all of your help on this one. Secondaries are awesome on this thing. Best part, I got it for $400
Its not a great video but you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWwR7RIIQeI

Attachments

• NCH.jpg
    NCH.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 795
Congratulations! Looks great.

Looking good.

Damn it am I the only person on planet Earth that ever paid over a grand for one?! >:-(

BTW: Here's yer shirt.

Attachments

• englander t shirt.jpg
    englander t shirt.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 676
BrotherBart said:
Looking good.

Damn it am I the only person on planet Earth that ever paid over a grand for one?! >:-(

BTW: Here's yer shirt.
Nice Tshirt. Yes, It was at 669 at the HD, but I had some gift cards and credit card rewards cards and after taxes it came out for 407. Great deal on that thing. My whole house smells like a body shot with the smell of the paint but luckily i am able to open a window. he he he.

Da bad boy throws some heat don't it?

Good Grief, you aint kiddin. I feel the heat 10 feet away. LOL. How much air do you give it once you get the fire started? i have a flue damper on the pipe also. Do you aim for a constant flame or do you just want the heat from it?

Awesome. Congrats. Sounds like a great deal.

KatWill said:
Good Grief, you aint kiddin. I feel the heat 10 feet away. LOL. How much air do you give it once you get the fire started? i have a flue damper on the pipe also. Do you aim for a constant flame or do you just want the heat from it?

After the char I ease it down to where the spring tip of the air control is even with the front of the ash lip. If it is still burning too hard based on draft that night and the wood I take it a notch farther down. Ya just have to find the spot for your chimney and wood. I keep a bit of flame going instead of depending on the rolling stuff on top to get the job done. If you close it all the way down you get a lot of coals to deal with with my setup.

Welcome to the wonderful world of warmth. That is a mean heating machine there.

Wheres your spring for the door handle? The handle itself is going to get a lil hot to handle.

$407.00 out the door. Damn Hogwildz, what more do you want? The stinkin' plate and component pieces would cost more than that, right now. Gloves are cheap.

Beetle-Kill said:
$407.00 out the door. Damn Hogwildz, what more do you want? The stinkin' plate and component pieces would cost more than that, right now. Gloves are cheap.

I got them. Poping them in there tomoorow. My back sucks right now from lifting that babe off the truck them bringing it inside the house. Those will be in there tomorrow am. This thing s putting out some serious heat. Like serious heat.

congrats non the great deal and a great stove.

Hope it serves you well.

pen

Great price and looks awesome. Congrats.

Shawn

Wow, what a deal, we got our 13 for 430 bucks so you are a very smart shopper. Looks great, enjoy. At least we know you won't go cold.....

Best price we have found on the NCH 13 is $699 at HD. Seems the Hd's down here don't stock that many stoves
and don't mark them down that much. their normal price is $999. We had to reference the Overstockstove price
of $710 and then use our veteran's 10% discount to get it out the door for $ 690. We are still looking for a better deal but will have to move soon before they are all gone for the year. We are going to store it in our shed till the construction is finished. Spring has arrived down here and all the windows in the house are open. It was 72* yesterday while we worked outside on the house all day.
Jbird

Good Morning All,

I just woke up about 30 minutes ago and the stove room is a toasty 79 degrees and the room adjacent to it which was my 4 car garage is sitting at a very comfortable 74 degrees. This thing is probably the best money I haves pent. Maybe the $35 dollars I paid the city of Baltimore for the marriage license 14 years ago beat it. LOL.

Nice looking install, enjoy the new stove.

pen said:
congrats non the great deal and a great stove.

Hope it serves you well.

pen

Hey Pen,
It serves me right alright. This thing was roasting last night. Boy does this baby put out heat. Thanks for the input a few weeks back.

Nice Job! There is something about those stoves.... I don't have an Englander, but last year I cleaned the stove and chimney and replaced a combuster for my daughter on her (landlords) stove. Replacing the combustor was a pain because of its location way in the back but it worked great!

cass

Wow, what a great deal! I'm glad to hear happy heating tales like this one. I looked for sales on these around here, 6 of the closest HD's didn't have sales on them if they had them at all. Congrats.

Beetle-Kill said:
I want it all by golly. LOL
Got mine from Lowes a couple years back 50% off damn near same price with all the stuff with it , including the pedestal & the legs LOL.

KatWill said:
Good Morning All,

I just woke up about 30 minutes ago and the stove room is a toasty 79 degrees and the room adjacent to it which was my 4 car garage is sitting at a very comfortable 74 degrees. This thing is probably the best money I haves pent. Maybe the $35 dollars I paid the city of Baltimore for the marriage license 14 years ago beat it. LOL.

Time to update you signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.