what a bummer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
big storm came thru last night...big maple down in neigbors yard this morning...i was like yes......i knew he didnt burn wood...i asked him if i could cut it up and have it for firewood....he said no he was gonna cut it up for camp wood..i said ok...bummed out...then he says ill make u a trade though..i said ok...what do u want..he says u have seasoned wood dont u...aint that some crap..he wanted me to trade him some already cut and split seasoned oak for me to come cut this maple up out of his yard.....apparently i said no way.

Tell him to put an ad on Craigslist. :lol:

If it's sugar maple I'd do a swap, if his tree equaled a cord, I'd offer a quarter cord of seasoned stuff.

steeltowninwv said:
big storm came thru last night...big maple down in neigbors yard this morning...i was like yes......i knew he didnt burn wood...i asked him if i could cut it up and have it for firewood....he said no he was gonna cut it up for camp wood..i said ok...bummed out...then he says ill make u a trade though..i said ok...what do u want..he says u have seasoned wood dont u...aint that some crap..he wanted me to trade him some already cut and split seasoned oak for me to come cut this maple up out of his yard.....apparently i said no way.

This guy sounds like a winner! Let him deal with it then.. I wouldn't give him the time of day after that cheap ass remark.. You would have to pay someone to clean that mess up and this turkey is trying to make profit on it? Maybe he's on crack but he isn't from this planet ...

Ray

If you've got the wood to spare why not give him a third of a cord of seasoned oak per cord of fresh maple? Good exchange, he gets camp wood, you get plenty of good wood for next year.

im sorry im not giving seasoned white oak for green maple...green maple would make nice camp wood in my opinion....

If I really needed the wood I'd offer to leave some rounds in exchange for the tree, but no way I'd trad seasoned wood for it.

nah i dont really need the wood..just thought it would be nice that close to home

Status
Not open for further replies.