What a difference

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Ok It has not been drop dead cold in my neck of the words yet, so I may be jumping the gun, but not sure what the difference is ( besides the insulation I put in) about my stove. t seems to be burning alot better. As of right now I have the damper closed about an inch less than what I had to have it last year. The window is not getting dirty at all, according to my thermometer I have stuck in the blow pipes, and my stove on 3 (with a stat hi/low) it is blowing about 170 degrees. That is about what was blowing out on setting 4, sometimes on 5 last year.

The only thing I have done is clean the blower fans and made a better OAK. I put an extension on my oak, clamped them together, put a flex pipe on that and aluminum tape the joints to make a tight seal. That is the only thing that I can say that has made it better.

But again it has not been blew 30 here so I don't know..

Actually I am using up my dry creek and I have some lignetics left. I have enough of those to last until december I think.. The cubex are still sitting outside. Crossing my fingers none of them got wet. It doesn't feel it but...we have had alot of rain..

I forgot to mention that every time I fire it up, it only takes about 3 minutes to light. Last year I had to use the gel to light it..

I think the changes to the stove had some effect, but I really think the insulation is now paying dividends for you. And keeping the stove really clean will help too, obviously.

Glad to hear this...enjoy the heat Chris!!

Really glad you see a good bit of difference from all your hard work. Hope you and the family are extra toasty this season.

Next time I will ask what your burning first? :) When you do start burning them Cubies, Let me know what you think?

Stay warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.