What a good girl! Drolet update.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MagdalenaP

Burning Hunk
Nov 10, 2018
Tilbury, ON
Hey All!

So, I installed a Drolet - Baltic this past November. We've had pretty warm temps, today being the coldest. Last night was -16c (3 f), so loaded her up full (probably could have stuck more smaller splits in at the top too) at 9pm (house was at 67f) woke up at 7am to 68, so held temps pretty darn good...lots of coals for the morning too :)

Pretty happy with this stove. Highly recommended :)

That is great news! I know there were all sorts of problems with your other stove - the door latch, the door not sealing, etc.

Sounds like you can relax a bit now and just enjoy burning!

That's great news, thanks for the update. It's impressive that the stove is heating ok from the sunroom. Any fans used to improve circulation?

That's great news, thanks for the update. It's impressive that the stove is heating ok from the sunroom. Any fans used to improve circulation?

Yes. Two. One mounted up high near the ceiling (about 4 feet to the left/front of the stove) pushing hot air, and another one directly in line to the first, pulling that hot hair and pushing it into our dining room. I played around with fans on the floor for days. Toilet paper taped at every door way, and this was the best way to get hot air out of that room. The toilet papers didn't lie! haha :)

I also got some steel barn roofing (metal sheets) and placed them on bricks, and in front of the stove along the windows, perhaps that's heating up the metal, then releasing it back into the room, vs heating up the glass of the window...maybe. Right? Either way, I'm happy with how it's going.

Reactions: TWilk117
Another positive checkmark for Drolet products. Lots of happy users. Probably many others who would be happy if they had given them a chance! Nice to hear everything is working out well. Gotta be a relief.