What a waste

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just an update.. took @Jan Pijpelink to the fields yesterday .. here is some of what got pulled out.. i grabbed a bunch of white oak .. it was in the wetlands though the first pic is jans truck.. the pics after is some of my stuff you can see how wet the bobcat is
20190223_102622.jpg
20190223_104019.jpg
20190223_104025.jpg

That looks like a bunch of soft Maple. I could use some of that, I'm behind on getting the in-laws dry wood for next season, and that would be just the ticket. Red Maple is decent-burning wood.
White Oak, of course, is the King of all Firewoods. >>

But @Woodsplitter67 was correct. The guys who were there initially left a lot of mess. Many cut trees on the ground (which I just needed to cut shorter to handle them), a lot of damage. Many cut trees were in the water left to rot. Because of all the muddy mess we couldn't get to it. A total waste of excellent firewood. And for now a lot of damage to nature as well.