What brand is my fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Filboid

Mar 4, 2023
Aptos
We installed a woodburning fireplace insert in 1984. Now we want to replace it with a gas fireplace insert. Unfortunately, I no longer have the installation instructions nor do I know what brand it is. Can anyone identify it for me? I want to be able to remove it myself and would like to have a hint as to how to do so.
Attached are some photos. The middle photo shoes the air inlets on the right side of the insert. There is a gas bar that comes in from the right side. If you can help and need more photos or details, just ask me.

IMG-0156.jpgIMG-0157.jpgIMG-0160.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like a Zero Clearance fireplace. The term insert refers to a stove designed to be inserted into an existing fireplace.
Look in the door channel for a metal identification tag.