What brand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwilly

Dec 13, 2013
seattle
Any idea what brand this is?

It’s small.
I’m guessing a cheap Chinese brand.
I’ll probably use it to take the chill out of my garage.

Thanks!

9B1BD0E0-CE35-4D86-99B0-A21151A1E1C0.jpeg F74BA447-11F4-4E09-9E25-84FAF379E72B.jpeg 953E17C2-F75E-49CA-BED4-F18E77968FDE.jpeg 2038679F-840C-4305-80B2-C8CA9C9591BB.jpeg

My guess is its Taiwanese clone. If there are no cracks and clearances are maintained, it can be used but not in garage as in the US wood stoves cannot be in a garage. Sure folks do it but a insurance company will not pay of a claim if they can link it to an illegal wood stove installation.

Might be a Scandia 400, Taiwanese clone. Watch for castings cracks and make sure the interior of the firebox is in serviceable condition.

The reason for "not in the garage" is that solid fuel appliances can't (often? everywhere?) be in a room which also has liquid fuel stored.

If your garage does not have a lawnmower, car, gasoline can, then maybe you can run a stove. But I'd still ask your insurance company. And they'll likely ask "what stove" - and when you tell them this one, the answer could very well be "nope".

I am pretty sure its cant. If the garage is capable of holding vehicles, no wood burning appliances. If the garage door is removed and turned into a shop then its legit. Leaks from a gas tank can hit the floor and travel quite a distance and if it gets near a stove its all over.

Reactions: stoveliker
looks like the little stove that i used to run and still have. mine is a scandia. draw back to this stove is it has to be loaded about every 2 hours
and the ash level gets high quick. the first picture of the back of the stove says that it needs to be sealed up again. i can see the gap.