What came first the House or Tree?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighting Up

Feeling the Heat
Jan 30, 2010
Roc City NY
This is not a photo shopped picture...I took it last week on Rt 54 in Penn Yan NY...think the roof leaks ;?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 170
Wow

the fact that you took it...well, amazing

How bout this one? This is the "Clubhouse" at the camp community where my cabin is in NY. Pretty sure the tree came first. There's a patch in the porch floor and ceiling on the opposite corner where there must have been another tree, but it was long gone even when I was a kid.

Clulbhouse_01406.jpg

Built around 1900 as a private residence, you should see the massive fireplace inside the great room...

Reactions: ScotO
I've seen a couple of those in MI. Used to know a fellow who had a cottage by one of our many lakes and it had a tree inside. He told me it was a constant battle keeping things dry. If memory serves me it was around 30" diameter.

We build our deck around a big norway maple back in 2003.....it died a year later, most likely due to the fact that I had to cut some roots for posts and for the new sewer line......

It was a nice tree to have as long as the birds stayed out of it......was comfortable on a breezy summer day to be out there and take a nap on the chair under it.....

We build our deck around a big norway maple back in 2003.....it died a year later, most likely due to the fact that I had to cut some roots for posts and for the new sewer line......

It was a nice tree to have as long as the birds stayed out of it......was comfortable on a breezy summer day to be out there and take a nap on the chair under it.....
Did you use pressure treated for the deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.