What clutch tool for a 3120XP?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wet1

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
USA
I'm putting together a Bailey's order for everything I'd need to convert my 3120xp over to 3/8 chain. Looking at their website, I don't see a clutch tool listed for the 3120. I don't have the saw in front of me to look at, but I'm assuming it requires a special tool... is this something that needs to either be bought through Husky, or be hand made?

EDIT: Oops, wrong forum. Mods please move to the Gear forum! Sorry...

Thanks for the bump, but didn't I say that above? :laugh:

BTW, it doesn't look like it requires a special tool, just a socket & impact should do it (if anyone cares).

When I first read that you putting in a Bailey's order, I was already to tell you what liquor I wanted you to order for me. :)

I'll take:
2 bottles Bailey's Irish Cream
2 bottles Kalua
3 bottles Captain Morgans Spiced Rum
1 Pot fresh hot coffee

My wife makes these drinks when we are camping in the cold. She calls them a "Captains Coffee".

I prefer my Bailey's with Kahlua and vodka (equal parts)... but I might have to give your recipe a try!

Another one you might want to try is Bailey's with Kahlua and amaretto, tastes just like a chocolate covered cherry. ;)

Wet1 said:
I prefer my Bailey's with Kahlua and vodka (equal parts)... but I might have to give your recipe a try!

Another one you might want to try is Bailey's with Kahlua and amaretto, tastes just like a chocolate covered cherry. ;)

Add a couple drops of Grenadine to that.

I'd suggest asking the folks at Bailey's tech support department - but it might not need one, or be something that can be home brewed... My Pull-on (a Husky in monkey-puke green) uses a sort of "H" shaped tool made out of flat stock that goes into the clutch between two of the legs. The other thing to keep in mind is that you need to keep the engine from turning over while breaking the clutch loose - best method is to pull the spark plug and stuff a length of rope in the hole. Also watch which way the clutch turns, some are left hand thread...

Gooserider

Q a sort of “H” shaped tool made out of flat stock that goes Q

sometimes you can make such a tool by grinding the sides of a socket. Grind slots, or flats, or whatever to fit. Then air tool drives the socket.
Easier and faster to buy, but if you need something right now, home brew often works.

It looks like a normal socket will do the job, thanks guys.

Sealcove said:
That has got to be the only 3120XP east of the pacific time zone.
LOL, I need it in case the 880 gets pinched. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.