What could/should they have done differently?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
Just saw this and wondered what folks think. Pretty scary. (Part of me wonders if it's even legit.)

Just saw this and wondered what folks think. Pretty scary. (Part of me wonders if it's even legit.)

Super scary! What to do differently would be to retreat in a 45 degree angle from the falling tree so you are outside of the plane of where the tree is falling. There's always this kind of risk but it seems like it would be less if you were outside of the plane.

upload_2019-1-17_12-46-41.png

I'd also say that there were too many people congested together and nowhere for them to go.

Reactions: Lone_Gun

It looks like they were pulling the rope that was on the ground, we do indirect pulls so chit like that won't happen.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Stuff can break and get shot out in any direction.