what did i do wrong?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's a trick question but I'll take a shot. What you did wrong was, you should have split
the wood a bit smaller before bringing it into the house....... Am I right?

OR..........you should have cut it an inch or 2 closer to the ground to get more yield from the tree.

Other than 2 piddly things, I see nothing wrong with the picture.

What did you do wrong?
You put a basement window under the deck.
I don't see anything else wrong....

your suppose to wait 2 yrs for oak

Adios Pantalones said:
I'd like to see a good pic of the stump to see how the hinge was placed. I'm guessing it was leaning a bit and broke the hinge, spinning off to the side like that.

Looks like there was no wedge, at the very bottom of the trunk I can see curved grain, looks like a straight cut from the wrong direction (or the start of the wedge cut) and the stump split near the ground, and it rolled as you said.

Yes? No?

Shows that anything can happen. I wonder if they should have started cutting higher than they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.