What Did Your Montpelier Costs You?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreenlion

Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2009
CO
We just bought this insert, and after several delays due to back orders, we finally had it installed around the holiday. The dealer, due to the delays, had installed an Enviro, and we are happy by that comparison. We have encountered problems with the dealer. Quoted us $4,200 for "complete install," but then when it arrived it did not have the correct surround, and they told me we needed to hire an electrician to do the fan hook-up. We then got the correct surround (Caprice), but they measured wrong, and it does not cover on top or sides the original opening. Insert works great, and we have no problems at all with it. Heats about 1,400 sf very well, and, aside from glass soot on hinge side, we are happy with it. Now we are waiting to get dealer to correct surround problem, and are wondering what you folks paid for purchase and install. They labor has been extensive, with the liner and swap out (4 visits to date), but saw a dealer advertising just the unit for $2300 on Craigslist, on sale. So, any problems with getting surrounds, any similar issues, and what did you folks pay for the unit, tax, and total install (and did they do the fan hookup for you)? Thanks, Evergreenlion.

Hi -- I just had a Montpelier installed (I'm in Massachusetts) and it cost $3605 total, including installation, chimney liner, etc.. The insert itself was $2,043. I got the plain painted steel surround (not one of the ones with a design) and I got the 3" extension (makes it stick out into the room a little, which I like) which was necessary to meet my clearance requirements. I am in the 4th day of burning and I LOVE the stove!

Hi again Evergreenlion, I forgot to say that my installers did hook up the fan. It comes as a standard part of the stove, and I'm sure it isn't anything an electrician has to do. I can't imagine why they told you that. I'm sorry you've had such an awful time!

Status
Not open for further replies.