what do you all think about the us stove aps1100b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanna

Oct 21, 2009
ar
Does anyone have any input on the us stove aps1100b? I know its a low end model but I'm kinda on a low budget, but I also don't want to waste time and money on a useless stove. I have a 1300sqft home but only need to heat about 1100sqft of it. I went to lowes to look at their summers heat 50-spf12lc but it is a 35-1 stove or epa exempt. I read that the exempt stoves can loose up to 90% of their heat out the chimney and are not very efficient. So I looked at the us stove aps1100b at the tractor supply store which is epa certified 1.6 cuft box. Its priced low and includes a blower, 30,000btu/hr. Any input would be appreciated.

Look at the Englander/Summer's Heat 13NC model. It's an EPA certified stove from a reliable manufacturer.

That US stove is a decent stove for the money. a 1.6 CF firebox is small. It would heat 1100 SF but you'd have low burn times. The same parent company that makes US stove makes the stove I heat my house with, but I can't mention the name because it annoys someone. I think it's a decent option though for you. Def. go for an EPA stove as opposed to an EPA exempt

I looked at that englander/summer heat 13nc and it states it puts out twice as much as the aps1100b but the fire box is only slightly larger at 1.8 cubic/ft as opposed to the 1100b at 1.6cu/ft and it costs twice as much $799 at Sutherlands. The 1100b came with a blower at $399. Is the $799 a good price and will the .2cu/ft be that noticeable. thanks

The NC-30 is at Sutherlands here for about $899, I think ours was on sale for $829. No comparison - 3.5 cu ft firebox vs the 1.8, much longer burn times and probably not too big for the space you've mentioned.

I was looking at the us stove magnolia for a little while- found out that you couldnt change out the 2ndary burn tubes without using a cutting torch and a lot of elbow grease. And they are made in China. I quickly dropped US Stove from my possible buy list.

bhanna said:
I looked at that englander/summer heat 13nc and it states it puts out twice as much as the aps1100b but the fire box is only slightly larger at 1.8 cubic/ft as opposed to the 1100b at 1.6cu/ft and it costs twice as much $799 at Sutherlands. The 1100b came with a blower at $399. Is the $799 a good price and will the .2cu/ft be that noticeable. thanks

Just because a brochure claims 2x the heat, look at the firebox sizes as a guide. In almost all cases a 2.0 ft fireboxes will not put out 2 times the heat that a 1.8ft firebox will

4- finger- Pauly said:
I was looking at the us stove magnolia for a little while- found out that you couldnt change out the 2ndary burn tubes without using a cutting torch and a lot of elbow grease. And they are made in China. I quickly dropped US Stove from my possible buy list.

Thanks for all the help. I've decided on a bigger fire box size and was headed in the direction of the nc30 but I also went looking at the us stove magnolia 2015 because it is $200 less and comes with a blower. Is that a common problem that the secondary burn tubes need to be changed?
Also I was reading one of the forums and it said the magnolia 2015 was listed under the Stove Builders International in the epa website who makes Drolet and other stoves. I looked it up and sure enough it was, and the specs for mag 2015 was almost identical to the drolet ng1800 series except for outside appearances trim or a different door handle and pedestal.

Yup, one big ole company that makes stove for a lot of different outlets to sell, private labled and includes the "Stove which shall remain nameless" That I use in my own home

Status
Not open for further replies.