what flavor maple is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is soft maple, but I am not sure. Soft maple is a very choice firewood, if you ask me.

Reactions: ScotO
Silver, without a doubt. And I'd be all over that stuff. Great SS wood, its already cut, looks straight and knot-free (will split like a dream).........easy pickings IMO.

I heated all winter primarily (daytime and weekends)with nothing but ash and silver maple this past year (own and locust for overnight fires). Smells good when burning, too.

ill pick it up if i can coordinate a driveby near the place before somebody else takes it. there is so much higher BTU stuff that i have been picking up just as easily and closer. i got a half cord of sugar maple (thats what i was told it was) still in the back of the truck that needs to be split. got some cut black locust the next town over with several more trees that i told friend i would give him a hand cutting along with an 18" cherry. thanks all!

We've burned a lot of soft maple like that for many years and will continue doing so. It is still good firewood.

Silver--Grab it! If there's any question weather your other wood will be dry in time, soft Maple is a great ace in the hole. I got a call from a guy that I scored from a while back. Just got back from checking it out; Silver, in great shape, already bucked. I am on it! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.