Nigel459 Posted By Nigel459, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:21 PM

1. Nigel459

Nigel459
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 24, 2017
    Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm looking for a used pellet stove and found this locally...
    Can anyone shed any light on what it is?

Harman Stove.JPG

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Overfireinthehole likes this.
  3. Overfireinthehole

Overfireinthehole
    Member 2.
    NULL

May 5, 2017
    Loc:
    Miller MO
    I think that was called a Harman Iron. Been a long time since I’ve seen one.

4. Nigel459

Nigel459
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 24, 2017
    Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks!

5. Overfireinthehole

Overfireinthehole
    Member 2.
    NULL

May 5, 2017
    Loc:
    Miller MO
    Pellet Pro that’s what it was. Harman went by Harman Iron back then.

6. Nigel459

Nigel459
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 24, 2017
    Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    ah that explains it thanks

Don’t want to double post as I do have another thread asking for recommendations of new/used stoves (mods feel free to merge) but do the pellet pro / pro 2 models hold up to the Harman brand quality? Are they desirable? Thanks

7. Overfireinthehole

Overfireinthehole
    Member 2.
    NULL

May 5, 2017
    Loc:
    Miller MO
    I wouldn’t buy a pellet stove that is that old personally

8. Tim_M

Tim_M
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 28, 2010
    Loc:
    Halifax, NS
    Not sure but I think that was the original, first generation Harman pellet stove, which probably dates back to the late 80’s or early 90’s. After that model I think they came out with the Invincible T around ‘93, which I have been using relatively trouble-free for the past 7 years. Great stoves but some parts have been discontinued.

9. Overfireinthehole

Overfireinthehole
    Member 2.
    NULL

May 5, 2017
    Loc:
    Miller MO
    Out of curiosity, what board does your Invincible have? Harman didn’t get big in our area till after the Invincible had been discontinued so I’ve never seen one in person.

10. Tim_M

Tim_M
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 28, 2010
    Loc:
    Halifax, NS
    The controls on my Invincible T look identical to those shown in the Manual for the Pellet Pro so I assume the board is the same. One difference though is my Invincible has a second smaller board, called an Enhancement Card attached to the main board. I believe this second board was added by Harman to reduce the chance of back burn through the auger tube during shut-down, by causing the feed motor to pulse for a few seconds every minute or so.

11. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
    Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
    Thats a Pellet pro II, I replaced mine and sold it to my neighbour across the street. Mine was from 1987 and still runs strong.