What has happened to me....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Now I have been a nature lover, sportsman, and now a Police Officer with Rangers but every time I take a walk in or near the woods you know what I think of now when I see trees? You might have guessed it....Wonderful, splits of firewood stacked nicely in my backyard. I really don't know why this is always in mind but I simply cannot stop thinking about this stuff.

As a youth I was "obsessed" with video games, then sports, then of course "chicks" :) . Now that I am married, have a good job, and a wonderful son I guess my life has changed to this, wood stoves and nicely spit wood in my backyard. If one of my friends happens to mention wood stoves or firewood, I simply dominate the conversation, unloading tons and tons of info about the subject...Ahhhhhhh :p

I have a nice cabin with 15 acres and I am just thinking about the selected trees that I will fell soon and make, nicely split wood for my backyard. Damn, look what you guys on this website have done to me.... :cheese:

I am currently on vaca at Kueka Lake State Park and looking into the woods I see, once again, nicely stacked wood for my backyard.....

Anybody else have this obsession? I bet more than a couple :cheese:

Aren`t annual psykicks checks mandatory for "public defenders"?? Not to worry J, we are all sick, else we wouldn`t be hanging out on this forum. Only person I know these days that is on the mend is brother bart ;-)

sonnyinbc said:
Aren`t annual psykicks checks mandatory for "public defenders"?? Not to worry J, we are all sick, else we wouldn`t be hanging out on this forum. Only person I know these days that is on the mend is brother bart ;-)

You are probably right, my wife says all the time I need to get my head examined :lol:

I didn't consider professional help until I found myself in church one day.....knocking on the pews and sticking my moisture meter needles in them.

Rockey said:
I didn't consider professional help until I found myself in church one day.....knocking on the pews and sticking my moisture meter needles in them.

Priceless, Rockey, priceless. I am still belly laughing as I`m typing this. :lol:

sinnian said:
:-/ At least you have an outlet for this! I am a damn pellet burner, and I do the same thing!!!
Yes! I know what you mean! I was walking through the woods the other day and thought, man, I would LOVE to have all of these bags of pellets growing on these pellet bushes stacked in my basement! :lol:

brooktrout said:
sinnian said:
:-/ At least you have an outlet for this! I am a damn pellet burner, and I do the same thing!!!
Yes! I know what you mean! I was walking through the woods the other day and thought, man, I would LOVE to have all of these bags of pellets growing on these pellet bushes stacked in my basement! :lol:

:lol: at my expense!!!!

I would love to burn "wood", real "wood", not pressurized wood. However, it just wasn't in the cards. My friends think I am nut (but grateful) when I help them, cut, split and stack. Wish I could do it for myself.

I drive down the road and rubber neck ta standing dead all the time!

Just hearing a chain saw running in my town makes me go crazy like a dog howling at the full moon.

It only gets worse from here.

A friend asked me to help him cut some branches up on a lawn account he has and I made him carry one larger ash branch to my house via his pick-up as I would not let him take it to the dump. It was just to nice of a piece to throw away. Stories like this could just go on and on.

While watching Rambo, I found myself staring at the trees in the movie. I would cut that one. Oooh there's some good burning wood.

"What has happened to me…."

...I hear ya brother, just last week I put solar lights on my woodpiles.

I'm starting to follow tree cutting trucks

Rockey said:

That's awesome! :lol:

I'm in the same boat myself. When I see large trees, all I can think about is how many splits it would produce.

We have that basic human need, that is to keep warm. The love of fire helps too!

Oh yes, having gasoline/diesel for blood helps.

JFK said:
Now I have been a nature lover, sportsman, and now a Police Officer with Rangers but every time I take a walk in or near the woods you know what I think of now when I see trees? You might have guessed it....Wonderful, splits of firewood stacked nicely in my backyard. I really don't know why this is always in mind but I simply cannot stop thinking about this stuff.

As a youth I was "obsessed" with video games, then sports, then of course "chicks" :) . Now that I am married, have a good job, and a wonderful son I guess my life has changed to this, wood stoves and nicely spit wood in my backyard. If one of my friends happens to mention wood stoves or firewood, I simply dominate the conversation, unloading tons and tons of info about the subject...Ahhhhhhh :p

I have a nice cabin with 15 acres and I am just thinking about the selected trees that I will fell soon and make, nicely split wood for my backyard. Damn, look what you guys on this website have done to me.... :cheese:

I am currently on vaca at Kueka Lake State Park and looking into the woods I see, once again, nicely stacked wood for my backyard.....

Anybody else have this obsession? I bet more than a couple :cheese:

Okay sounds a bit weird. You know who else lived in a cabin, alone , obsession thinking? I heard he's living in ADX Florence

Must be some kind of natural,primal connection there.

The caveman who was diligent about his burning wood probably lived thru a few more winters and therefore had more romance in front of the fire, many millenia later his descendants populate this forum.

When I was building my dry stacked retaining wall, I was obsessed with rocks but chalked that up to being of Italian descent and over fifty.

Now I'm back to wood.

I can't hardly walk through the woods anymore, because I'm constantly looking up at the leaves to identify the species and determine the BTU's. I look like I had a few too many or falling down drunk. %-P

Yep, OK, I'll admit it: I covet my neighbors' dead trees. I drive by and rubberneck other people's hedgerows, checking them out. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse, too. :gulp:

I actually hollered out the window of my car "GET THAT WOOD STACKED" as I drove by this house the other day. The guy had around 4 cord of c/s/d about a month and a half ago. The stuff is STILL sitting in a pile on his lawn for crying out loud!

I don't even know the guy. :gulp:

More wood and another chainsaw - that's all I've been thinking about for weeks. I keep telling my wife I've found yet another location that has down trees I could go cut and haul out. She keeps pointing out we have our own woodlot and I'm already cutting in 2 other locations as well and I have zero time to add a third. She just doesn't understand. If I see a downed tree, I've gotta go poke it with a knife and evaluate its quality and wonder if I can get it to the truck.

Free wood = free heat and profit from firewood sales.

LONDONDERRY said:
Okay I think you guys need to calm down a bit.

Me thinks this is calm for this group of woodchucks.

Oh, and to anybody that thinks "this may get worse"..........it does.

Jags - who must drive past the wood pile in the back 40, every work day, before he can happily head off to work.

Boy you guys are making me feel better now, thought I was the only one :lol:

Of course, here I sit by my laptop looking at some huge Maple trees!!!!

:)

I wonder if I can cut it down and shove it in my camper..... ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.