What I did this weekend...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
Not sure how much wood is here, but I didn't get nearly as much split as I'd hoped to. These first two pics are the piles I had to split. I rented the splitter Saturday afternoon and just returned it this morning. I ended up running it for about 8 hours total between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I don't have pictures of the final pile becase I finished in the dark Sunday night. I never even started working on the large pile in the center of the driveway.

Attachments

• Pile1.jpg
    Pile1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 316
  • Pile2.jpg
    Pile2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 321
Here are some pics during the splitting process...

Attachments

• Pile_InProcess.jpg
    Pile_InProcess.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Pile_InProcess2.jpg
    Pile_InProcess2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 334
Lastly here is a pic of my pile of Ash that was cut last September and split by hand over the next 3 months. Its all ready to go for this winter as soon as I get my new insert installed...

Attachments

• Pile_Split.jpg
    Pile_Split.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 329
Eric said:
Here are some pics during the splitting process...

Man those splitters make it a easy process huh? I rented one a couple years ago and with some help did a hell of alot of splitting.

Like your bronco and truck too!

Status
Not open for further replies.