what is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 308
A life safety nightmare. Note the white around the door from overfiring Note the galvanized connector pipe

note I don't see a flue collar connector wondering if the galvanized pipe is just feed directly into the old oil barrel

you didn't say anything about the heat box on the stack. that is to make sure he makes creosote

elkimmeg said:
A life safety nightmare. Note the white around the door from overfiring Note the galvanized connector pipe

note I don't see a flue collar connector wondering if the galvanized pipe is just feed directly into the old oil barrel

Good golly I love that: " a life safety nightmare".....LOL......good one!!

when i first seen this i thought of a steam train fire box but smaller

LOL
I saw that one too but didnt want to post it here for fear of Elks head exploding.

that is an early version of the pe summit. just prior to the whorehouse red model:)

I think the galvie pipe is just something sitting behind the stove. I like the thing but Boston is too far to drive for it.

enord said:
may be inner barrell that has air space to push heat up galvanized pipe.
heat extractor on back in fluepipe, big stove makes much heat to burn efficiently.
i'd get that sucker & pile firebricks to minimize size of woodbox, install a pipe from front into stove so that secondary air can be preheated & dumps near flue exhaust for efficient burn
looks like a rough diamond to me!
I don't see anything wrong with this stove either. It's not all warped up from overheating or rusted out that I can see. Diamond in the rough for sure . I'd buy it for the right price. I definetly wouldn't re-install with a stack heat exchanger.

nice deathtrap!!! ever consider making boat anchors???

Status
Not open for further replies.