What is the role of the thermister in USSC pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tim_ martell

Nov 22, 2017
Wells, maine
I have an Ashley 5500xl which runs great for about 10 min. The convection fan comes on and a few minutes later the exhaust fan slows down to about half speed from 116V to about 60Volts. If I shut off the stove and immediately power it back on, it will run at full speed for about 8 minutes then drop the exhaust fan back down to 60Volts. Any ideas if a faulty thermister would do this? I ohmed it to about 1.2million ohms cold and around 80k at operating temp. Any help would be appreciated

Without research,the thermistor turns on the convection fan,and also acts as a "proof of fire" switch,to keep auger running,but did not research it,could