Dutchie84 Posted By Dutchie84, Feb 5, 2019 at 9:52 AM

1. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    That's wild. I doubt Downeast has that kind of capability.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    Of course they do. If not, a company will come in and do it for a cut of the lucrative profits.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. salecker

salecker
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 22, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern Canada
    Drones
    I want to buy one to watch my junk yard,small town and it isn't fenced.Not much gets stolen,i have owned it for 20 years and mabey have lost $2000 in goods that i noticed.
    I figured put in a alarm that lets me know when someone walks/drives through.Take a rip in the drone and see if anyone is there.Carry a care package of whatever and drop it on their heads.Nobody ever looks up.

4. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    I just figured since Washington County is the poorest County in Maine (I feel like maybe the country) how could they afford to get airial photographs.

5. Bad LP

Bad LP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Maine
    You can't be serious. Google Earth is how the DEP busted us for an illegal pond we dug in a field.

Highbeam likes this.
  6. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    The house we just bought hasn't been updated on Google earth in years most likely. I guess they will find out if we build eventually. Folks around here act like permits are optional. I do want to build an enclosed and insulated pole barn, but I don't think it will be a good idea to gamble with the permit.

7. peakbagger

peakbagger
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2008
    Loc:
    Northern NH
    At one point reportedly Maine DEP was using a similar method for picking up shoreland alterations.

8. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    Not drones, satellite imagery. Google earth is one example. The little historic image button is what I use to catch changes over time.

9. Bad LP

Bad LP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Absolutely true. Video of the shoreline on most ponds and lakes from a boat. Then of course there was the blatant removal of every tree on a place in the West Cove of Moosehead. Not even an attempt to hide it or do it in stages. Guess who had to replant the lot? LOL.

10. Bad LP

Bad LP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Have you looked? I was on it a while back with my engineer who had a time line bar so you could see the changes over time. They do this in the seasons with no leaves on the trees around here.

11. peakbagger

peakbagger
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2008
    Loc:
    Northern NH
    I think microsoft Bing uses a different aerial database. There are all sorts of private services selling high resolution satellite images.